The Horror of Marketing!

The last couple of weeks have been promising in the early stages of releasing "I Really Like Hurting You," my first foray into Horror.  Naturally, developing awareness and a readership takes time. Here are some of the developments over the last week or so:

I've had good success connecting with horror aficionados on Mastodon (join and follow me here). This social network has been gaining traction lately in the wake of the turmoil over at Twitter. I've been slowly building followers (and readers!) there and would recommend it as a smaller, more personally engaged community. 

Here's my first review (thank you, Kimberly!)


This review resulted as part of a giveaway I hosted last weekend on Mastodon, and I'm optimistic that I'll hear from others that received copies of the book. I also hosted a giveaway of the NFT of the book on Twitter.

Building reviews on the "mainstream" sites, such as Amazon, is challenging. I've initiated a few marketing initiatives and sold ebooks and paperbacks, but I have yet to see any reviews. I'm optimistic that those sales and networking on Mastodon, Twitter, and elsewhere will help that effort.

Thanks for your support!



Comments

Popular Posts