PUNCH ME: PART FOUR


I coughed, spit out some blood, and got to my feet.

“I'll pay you tomorrow.”

The book boy punched me in the nose again.

“Pay me, too.”

I barely nodded before he took his next swing.

They kept going after that, all on credit that I had no way of paying back. I wasn’t worried, though.

What could they do? Beat me up?

Unfortunately, they all scattered when two girls showed up. I didn’t see who they were at first. I was face down on the pavement.

Despite the ringing in my ears, I heard one girl shout after them.

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?”

Book Boy protested as he retreated, “He asked for it!”

“What did he ever do to you?” the other girl yelled.

I got back up on my feet.

Another boy answered her, “For real, he asked for it! Paid us!”

The boys laughed and ran off. I couldn’t make anything out through my blurred vision.

“We should clean him up,” one of the girls said, taking me by my arm. I vaguely recognized her voice.

I jerked my arm away.

“No.”

“You look like a truck hit you,” One of the girls said. I tried to focus on her through swollen eyes. She was Cassie from my homeroom. “We’ll help you wash up.”

“No!”

I started stumbling away, but the two of them followed me. Cleaning up was the last thing I wanted.

I looked down at the blood congealing on my shirt and touched my bashed-up face. I took out my phone to look at myself. I was smeared with blood and cut a dozen different ways. Both eyes were swollen, along with my nose and my lips.

Good Job.

I smiled, even though it hurt.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” Cassie whispered.

“I wasn’t talking to you,” I told her, annoyed. “I was talking to Michael.”

She looked at her friend. She was also from school, I realized I think her name was Jen.

They were both confused.

Don’t tell them.

“I won’t,” I promised Michael.


Please Subscribe for future chapters, horror content, new stories...and a free edition of the ebook! YOUR SUPPORT HELPS (and it's free).

Comments

Popular Posts